Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Maintenance

  • Change maintenance schedules so they do not overlap with class times
  • Promote preventive maintenance
  • Install all equipment prior to warranty expiration so that replacement requirements can be evaluated
  • Improve efficiency of custodial functions
  • Contract out custodial services if less costly
  • Contract out maintenance services if less costly
  • Minimize reconfiguring offices, which disrupts maintenance work
  • Promote the idea of users taking better care of college property
  • Provide better maintenance for all equipment to improve salvage value
  • Review repair contracts for office machines, and do some repairs in-house
  • Develop a “clean-up day,” once a semester, when staff and student volunteers can clean, paint, etc.
  • Re-examine custodial work schedules and crew appointments

If you will tell me why the fen
appears impassible, I then
Will tell you why I think that I
Can get across it if I try.

- Marianne Moore, I May, I Might, I Must

1 comment:

  1. During financial hard times, many institutions defer maintenance, which ends up costing more in the long term. Institutions benefit from capital improvement plans and preventive maintenance schedules.

    ReplyDelete